Each Friday at NOSmag, I’m going to post some links relevant to neurodiversity news and culture criticism around the web. This is what I’ve been reading and that I think you should be reading too. Feel free to add links of your own in the comments and email suggestions for future link roundups to firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us @NOSeditorial.
- The AHCA and planned cuts to Medicaid the GOP is calling for could force a lot of us out of our homes and back into institutions, writes NOS contributor Ari Ne’eman.
- There needs to be more attention paid to black women who have PTSD.
- ADAPT protesters shut down the Capitol Rotunda to protest the AHCA and Medicaid cuts.
- On Wednesday, the US Supreme Court unanimously overturned a 2008 decision Neil Gorsuch wrote on the educational rights of disabled children.
- There are things to love about Julia, the new autistic muppet on Sesame Street, writes Sarah Kurchak.
- If you need yet another reason to love Julia, anti-vaxxers think she’s part of a Big Pharma Conspiracy to “normalize” autism.
- Zach Anner, a comedian with CP, went on an epic quest to try to get a bagel.
- NOS contributor Kerima Cevik was interviewed by Ramp Your Voice as part of a series on #BlackDisabledGirlMagic.
What have you been reading, watching, or listening to?