TS Eliot was right — April is the cruelest month. Autism Awareness Month can be an anxious, or at least facepalm-inducing time for many autistic folks, myself included. Whether it’s harebrained celebrities endorsing Autism Speaks or President Trump lighting it up blue at the White House, non-autistic people are ready to shout how very aware they are.
With that in mind, here are 5 cringe-worthy autism awareness products for sale this April. These are all real things for sale on the internet. Really.
5. This shirt isn’t even blue.
4. Nothing says “love” like what could easily be interpreted as a violent threat by someone very literal. Like say, an autistic person.
3. This really doesn’t seem like an appropriate place to put a child’s hand print.
2. This comes in several different versions with several different family members, just in case you have a niece, nephew, or daughter with autism and want everyone who sees your skimpy man thong to know it.
- This is the perfect flag to hang outside your home if you want to use puns and a hip, sunglasses-wearing cat to threaten to get rid of an entire group of people.
Share your worst autism awareness products in the comments.